Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Beginnings 2009

As most blogs expand and evolve, so goes this one.  The month started with MacWorld Show in SanFrancisco where I had the great company of my kids and good fun on the musical double decker bus.  The month was highlighted with the inaugural events in Washington DC. Did have fun thinking about the time I headed for the Inaugeration when I was in my twenties and ended up on the Florida float in the parade.  Ah, the world has changed and because of cell phones, computer networking, local Laguna celebrations AND my excitement, even though I spent the day along the Pacific coast, I felt I was in DC.   My cousin, Chris Wimberg from Cape May, New Jersey, hired a bus, headed for DC with his cell phone of course and became part of history!  It was great fun to make contact with him via cell and text and hear play by play descriptions throughout the grand day of January 20, 2009, (Which happens to be my dad's feast day).  My sister Joan Wimberg Rosati flew from the state of Washington to join Chris.  I started the day very early and made contact with both of them.  Watched the big screen TV at the Ritz Carlton Hotel near our home here during Obama's speech.  (Surf was up at Strands Beach and Creek!)  Then channel switched during part of the day and celebrated with other Obama fans in the evening at Mozambique in Laguna.  I hear such positive comments from many countries.  We have such a great beginning with an intelligent leader for all of us here at home AND for the whole world family.  

No comments: