Thursday, August 16, 2012

Here I am in LONDON


...Thinking about Sunday, August 5th.  

Was chatting with my daughter who was in Hawaii, listening to her good news, and noticed a gmail reply on my computer screen.  Had received other replies to a request to exchange a room but wasn't interested.  Then suppose because I had been so busy and it was the first day that i had no agenda for a long time, because my plan of "not wanting to go to London because of the huge expense" was not working,  and because the email from London on my laptop was well written...everything changed.  

The response was from a young single mum who had an extra room in her home.  I replied and found myself ringing up Virgin Atlantic Airlines.  There was a "reward seat" cancelation, booked it, and bingo started packing.

Arrived in London within 48 hours, early Tuesday evening.  Headed for Hyde Park Olympic Event and slept well that night, really well. Next morning headed for Stratford, bought an Oyster Card and was able to find a ticket for the Olympic Park from one of the sponsors and spent an incredibly wonderful day inside the exciting park.  And the Olympic Park, just being in the Olympic Park, has been my favorite part of the Olympics. 

to be continued...

No comments: