Thursday, August 16, 2012

My London 2012 Beginnings Across the Street from Hyde Park Olympic Venue


Will back track to give a bit more detail of the "first" hours.

When I rang the door bell of this very posh home in this very posh neighborhood, I felt a bit intimidated.  I was at the front door waiting and ringing the bell thinking that nobody was home.  But then, a musician/singer from Ireland who had been renting one of the rooms opened a window on a lower level.  He popped his cheery head out of the window and asked if he could help.  I explained who I was and he came up to the ground level from inside and let me in.  We chatted about music and a few other topics before the owner of the home arrived with her two sons, age 10 and 12.  After that a Russian music teacher arrived with a bundle of red roses. She would soon be leaving for St Petersburg and didn't want the beautiful flowers to be wasted. She then began to give violin and piano lessons to the boys after we had a chat.  I then headed off to Hyde Park Olympic Event.  

Hyde Park Olympic Venue is across the street!  Sweet, so sweet, aye?  And more importantly, this family is so so sweet!

1 comment:

Cris said...

Can't wait to hear more!