Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My London 2012 Experience; My Plan Did Not Work : )

My plan was to stay at the beach in California.

I suppose I now qualify as an Olympic Bum.

I fully intended to enjoy TV, many awesome iPhone Apps, and the incredible streaming technology that has come a long way...baby! Watched Opening Ceremony with Mike and Fran Sawdei in Laguna Beach.  Had fun experiencing the "digital games" for a while. Then Sunday came, August 5th, I woke up and everything changed.

Here I am in London!!!
Speechless in UK!  Listening to all these voices saying, "How can I help you, luv?"

So will try to capture in words during the next few weeks just how this all happened, yet again.

In the meantime, am off to the Railroad Tavern on Angel Way in Stratford, where the Olympin members and many others are meeting.  A post-games meetup. It's a great little pub and a good meeting place where the Olympin Club began many years ago. (Went last night and loved meeting the delegation from Cuba, Catherine Saluan from Russia, and the Wickstrom Family, the awesome Wickstrom Family and Bud Kling.  Some go months before to scout and prepare and bingo, here I am, low budget CWC! Such a buzz. haha)  Oh, did I get in?  Yes.  Will explain later!

No comments: