Sunday, August 10, 2008

Arrival to Beijing

Having attended Hong Kong International School's 40th Reunion in 2007, "da spirit" led me north to Beijing. In Beijing, the "bod" was too hot so the mind said "basta"...enough. Back in Dana Point, CA for many months I kept from opening the boxes of memorabilia from the last nine olympics in hopes that the olympic fever would not surface. Although when I gave a negative answer when I was asked, "Are you going to Beijing?" I could still feel an incredibly tiny but quite powerful olympic flame inside that eventually overpowered my body and yup, my mind!!

If I really get into this blog, I'll reread this back in California and will write details that are quite interesting later. But because of an extended family wedding on August 2nd at UCI and a few other important family and household matters, I didn't give time or attention to the tiny flame within. Quite simply, at the last minute, Asiana Airlines had a great price and I arrived in Beijing on August 7th.

I had a lot of learning, walking and experiencing the everchanging logistics before I entered The Bird's Nest for the SPECTACULAR OPENING CEREMONY! HOW was I able to get into this spectacular event?

It was the olympic spirit...: )

No comments: